If you have a question about our products, please take a look at our Frequently Asked Questions, to see if these help prior to contacting us
Naturally active ingredients are derived from nature and are processed in such a way that the beneficial skincare properties are preserved.
The unique story of the AVEENO® brand began back in 1945. In conjunction with the Mayo Clinic in America, the Musher brothers’ experimentation with raw cereals led to the discovery of a natural bath additive containing 100% colloidal oatmeal, known for its natural ability to hold in moisture and relieve dry, itchy skin. We are always on the hunt for new ingredients and products that better serve you and your family.
Please see our Where to Buy page for a full list of retailers of AVEENO® products.
- Soothes: oatmeal has a soothing action on sensitive, dry skin
- Cleanses: the oat particles adhere to dirt and dead skin cells allowing them to be washed away
- Moisturises: helps to restore moisture to dehydrated skin
- Buffers: helps return skin to normal pH levels
- Protects: creates a protective film on the surface of the skin
When skin is dehydrated, the water content of the very top layer of skin is reduced, causing it to shrink. This shrinkage creates many of the familiar symptoms of dry skin, including itching, scaling, loss of elasticity and tightness. Scratching can further damage the skin, leaving it vulnerable to infection. Some causes of dry skin include:
- Low humidity
- Cold winter air
- Excessive sun
- Too much soap and water, which washes away natural oils
- Cleansing in hot water